The Home Builders Association of Kentucky is the premier voice of the residential construction industry in Kentucky’s Capital. Our government relations team works year-round to advocate for legislative & regulatory programs and reforms that benefit the housing and building industry by working with the Kentucky General Assembly, the Governor's Administration, multiple state agencies, as well as Kentucky’s Congressional Delegation.
♦ Business Regulation ♦ Economic Development
♦ Water Quality & Mitigation ♦ Construction Codes & Standards
♦ Insurance ♦ Labor
♦ Land Development ♦ Private Property Rights
♦ Energy & Environment ♦ Taxation
We monitor bills and legislative hearings that affect the building industry and work to amend or defeat measures that would adversely impact the industry. Legislation endorsed by HBAK has been passed, which has resulted in significant savings to the home building industry and in turn, to home buyers, across the Commonwealth. Just as important, HBAK has routinely defeated a long list of bills potentially harmful to the industry.
The HBAK government relations team works closely with elected state officials and regulatory agencies in the development and adoption of regulations, codes, and standards for housing with the goal of creating safe, quality, and common-sense construction standards. These agencies include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Kentucky Department of Housing, Building, and Construction
- Division of Code Enforcement
- Division of Plumbing
- Division of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Division of Fire Protection
- EPA Region IV
- Kentucky Division of Water
- Kentucky Labor Cabinet
- Kentucky Department of Insurance
- Kentucky Department of Revenue
- Kentucky Secretary of State
- Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions
- Kentucky Real Estate Authority