Western KY Tornado Disaster Relief/Resources
Many have asked, “How Can I Help”. Below you will see a list of information and resources on how to help at this time.
Supply & Monetary Donations
- Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund - Governor Beshear has established the Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund to assist those impacted by the tornados and the severe weather system on December 11, 2021. All donations to the Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund are tax-deductible and donors will receive a receipt for tax purposes after donating. If you wish to donate to the Relief Fund, DONATE HERE, select an amount and click on the donate button.
- Kentucky's United Way network is working with emergency management, disaster partners and local communities to support services for families impacted by the devastating tornado event of December 10 and 11, 2021. The Mayfield-Graves County United Way funds are being DIRECTED HERE.
- Mayfield-Graves County Tornado Relief Go Fund Me - this go fund me will be used to provide food, water, clothing, and other essential supplies to those in need and will be managed and distributed by the Mayfield-Graves County United Way. DONATE HERE.
- The American Red Cross is working around the clock to assist those impacted by the major tornado in Western Kentucky. To donate CLICK HERE, call 1-800-RED-CROSS, or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation today.
- Kentucky Emergency Management has set up a way to donate and contribute services and supplies. If you would like to volunteer to help, dial 211. If a company has services or products they would like to donate, they can call 502-697-6600 or CLICK HERE to complete the volunteer and donations survey.
Please report to the WKU Center for Research & Development, 2445 Nashville Road, 8AM – 4 PM (inside the main entrance). Please bring your own tools. Volunteers should call City of Bowling Green Volunteers at 270-393-4116.
- Warren County Schools - Please click this link https://gofund.me/61ccaabc to donate to Warren County Public Schools Disaster Relief Fund. You can also search Warren County Public Schools on the GoFundMe website. Additionally, you can also go to any Independence Bank branch to donate to WCPS Synergy Relief Fund.
- Bowling Green City Schools - Monetary donations may go through the Stuff the Bus Foundation, which has worked with the district and Family Resource and Youth Services Centers since 2005. Online donations may be made to stuffthebusky.com/donate/
- Hope House - Hope House is partnering with local schools and churches to help families in our city, as well as meeting individual needs as they are brought to Hope House’s attention www.hopehousebg.com/disasterfund.html
Clean-up Supplies - Lowe's in Bowling Green will receive building materials, cleanup tools, and equipment, etc.
Non-perishable Foods & Drinks - Medical Center Warehouse at 350 High Rail Way Bowling Green, KY 42101
will receive any donation, including non-perishable food and drink items.
- Christmas for the Children/Families - Toys for Tots: www.toysfortots.org or toys can be delivered to Bowling GreenFire Department. Toys for Tots of Southern Kentucky is opening the Toys for Tots North Pole from 1PM-3PM Saturday, Dec. 18th for parents of children whose homes were affected by the tornado damage. The local North Pole address is 1040 Old Barren River Rd. Bowling Green, KY
Hopkins County/Madisonville, KY
HBAK Past President Jon Wilson, Madisonville, has worked with his local Lowes salesman, Kenny Ezell, to enable builders who have Lowes accounts to call and place an order for various items needed to begin the cleanup process. Kenny is taking orders and can charge directly to your lowe's account. Items of biggest need currently are generators, chain saws, gas cans, bar and chain oil, tarps, totes, and extension cords.
Kenny Ezell: 270-871-3830
- Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund — Habitat for Humanity Pennyrile Region - Many of the victims in Western Kentucky were struggling before this storm. They may have been living in dilapidated housing or low income housing. We have set up a Fund specifically for repairs to existing homes, as well as new Habitat homes
- Western KY Tornado Relief Independence Bank - Independence Bank has set up a Tornado Relief Fund Account and will be distributing the funds daily, or as the donations come in, through the county Magistrates. The account number is 10048525